Benefits of Dental Implants – Ft. Worth, TX
Where Permanence and Longevity Combine
When considering your options for tooth replacement, you’re likely considering the cost. When comparing dental implants against a fixed bridge or dentures, you’ll see that the former are much more expensive. However, the benefits of dental implants are far greater than those found in more traditional restorative solutions. From their longevity and permanence to their easy maintenance and ability to improve oral health, you cannot ignore the advantages that come with these unique restorations. Contact our office to find out if you are an eligible candidate.
Traditional Tooth Replacement Solutions
Before we begin to look at the numerous benefits of dental implants, it’s important that you understand your other options. Although a fixed bridge and full or partial dentures are effective solutions, you’ll see they cannot offer the same results.
Created by fusing multiple dental crowns, a fixed bridge is designed to fill in the gaps of your smile. When one or more consecutive teeth are missing along an arch, our team will use your healthy abutment teeth as anchors to hold your restoration in place. These teeth, however, need to be filed down to ensure the bridge fits properly into place. Once ready, we will secure the bridge over your natural teeth, allowing the interior crowns to sit on top of your gums.
Full and partial dentures have been around for centuries. Thankfully, the materials used and techniques to create them have improved over time. Yet, many patients grow tired of their dentures simply because they require more frequent upkeep. Made from an acrylic base and artificial teeth, a partial is secured using metal clips or clasps that are attached to your teeth. A full denture remains in place by your natural suction. Over time, changes in your facial shape and narrowing of your jaw can cause these restorations to no longer fit correctly, causing pain and discomfort. As a result, you will need to have them relined or replaced altogether.
Benefits of Dental Implants
By choosing dental implants to replace your missing teeth, you’ll be pleased to learn of all the incredible benefits that come with such superior and worthwhile restorations, some of which include:
- Longevity: While you may need to have your restoration (i.e. crown, denture, bridge) replaced over time, your dental implants fuse with the tissue and bone, allowing it to remain in place for decades.
- Improved Appearance: Not only will your face look fuller and more youthful, but you’ll also exude a greater level of confidence thanks to your dental implants.
- Easy to Maintain: Cleaning your implants does not require special tools or products. You only need your soft-bristled toothbrush, dental floss, and mouthwash to keep your teeth clean.
- Fewer Food Restrictions: Unlike dentures and a fixed bridge that can make it difficult to eat your favorite foods, dental implants function just like regular teeth, allowing you to have a stronger bite force and enjoy all the foods you love.
- Improved Oral Health: The implants are secured into the jawbone, allowing them to stimulate this area of your mouth and avoid the potential for facial collapse over time.